Q: Key not going into ignition

asked by on March 25, 2016

My key would not go into the ignition of my car. AAA came out and did a temporary fix. According to AAA, my ignition was not releasing from the lock position. AAA says the wiring is loose and needs to be fixed correctly.

Hi, if the wiring is damaged then the computer won’t be able to communicate with the lock cylinder correctly and cause it to lock up. You should have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the wiring from the lock cylinder to determine what the issue with your ignition not turning is.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr