Q: Car hard to start and vibrates

After trying to start my car five times, the engine finally turned over. But after a few minutes of running, it felt like the entire car was vibrating very hard. Upon turning the engine off, the car was started again once with minimal effort, but it resumed difficulty after a third attempt. The car currently idles at a low RPM. An oil change is not yet due. Oil levels and water levels appeared normal upon inspection.

A: This almost sounds like there is some mecha...

This almost sounds like there is some mechanical resistance loading down the engine, making it hard to start, and hard to run. Generally, the best way to determine this is to disconnect the drive belt to the rotating engine peripherals, to see if the drag is a result of one of the peripherals (alternator, AC, water pump, etc). If the resistance/vibration is still there, the torque converter can be disconnected. Because of the nature of this issue, you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the training and expertise to diagnose the cause of your starting difficulty, and recommend the best path to repair.