Q: Low idle RPM.

When I start my 92 Jeep Wrangler it idles at about 1000rpm for about a minute and then it drops to around 300-400 rpms. I removed my throttle body and used throttle body cleaner and removed all the carbon build up in and around it. I then replaced my IAC valve with a brand new one. After hooking everything back up it idled around 800-900 rpm. After driving for about 10 min it started to bog down again to the 300-400 range. What else could be causing this low idle rpm?

Hey Scuba. Thanks for contacting us today. Most of the time, when the idle control valve has been replaced and throttle body cleaned, a low idle is typically caused by a small vacuum leak, restriction within the fuel injectors or perhaps damage to the throttle body itself. On a 92 Jeep, it’s likely that your issues are mechanical or caused by restricted fuel flow, or perhaps a clogged fuel filter. I’d recommend changing your fuel filter first, check for any vacuum leaks and try to clean the fuel injectors first to see if this resolves your issue.

3. Low idle RPM.