Q: The transmission seems to be slipping.

asked by on December 24, 2016

Restart it and if will go anther few miles. It takes all gears fine. My transmission fluid is brown

I see your note about the color of the transmission fluid, but is the fluid level correct too? Dark or burned fluid along with a low level can cause the transmission to slip and if the fluid smells burned there may be a lot of internal wear to the point where the unit needs to be overhauled. The best place to go for a proper diagnosis would be your local dealer or transmission repair facility where transmission teardown can be performed if necessary to get to the bottom of your concerns.