Q: Car jumping and trying to stall when started

asked by on February 14, 2016

When started, the car jumps when it changes gears and acts like it wants to stall.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There are many possibilities that could cause your concern. The most likely cause would be one of the engine sensors not reading correctly. If the computer isn’t getting the right info, the engine may not be able to continue running after starting, or it may act like it wants to stall out. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you and diagnose what is causing your car to shut off, and make any repairs that are needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr