Fan pulley wobbles and makes some noise. On 03 Sequoia SR...

Q: Fan pulley wobbles and makes some noise. On 03 Sequoia SR5. On side of road now!

asked by on November 03, 2017

Radiator fan pulley wobbles and makes some noise. I tried tightening it, but it still persists. I can move the fan bracket attached to the pulley, at the pulley up and down a little bit. On the side of the road now waiting on tow truck because I could see some small shavings

The fan pulley is attached to the water pump and if you can move it up and down then the water pump is bad and needs replaced. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic check it to see what all is damaged since it is rubbing and wobbling.