Q: Hello, when my car is in park or neutral it starts to accelerate on its own.

Yesterday I noticed that when my car is in park or neutral, the car will start accelerating on its own. For example, when Im in park the needle that sits on 1 starts to climb to 2 and then back down to 1. I drove it back home and every time I would ease up on the gas, the engine seemed like it was going to fall apart. Is this the idle air control valve or is it a sensor?

It could be caused by several different problems like the idle control valve, engine vacuum leak, intake air filter clogged or contaminated mass air sensor or a sensor failure or engine just needs maintenance. I would suggest having the vehicle engine computer tested for codes and any other problems by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic so a proper diagnosis and fault found that can then be quoted and fixed.

3. Hello, when my car is in park or neutral it starts to accelerate on its own.