Q: I got code p0229

I have a 2007 volks wagen passat 2.0t I just got the check engine light on i scanned it and i got the code p0229. Something to do with the turbounderboost . The car runs great and feels great but the engine shakes alil

A P0229 is a fault in the throttle position sensor: the sensor that tells the computer how far you are stepping on the accelerator. On the Passat, it is part of the throttle body. The Throttle body has redundant sensors so when one fails, the other takes over so you can continue to drive the car. Throttle body replacement is expensive, so you don’t want to run out and buy a new one without thoroughly checking out the system to be sure it’s not a problem with a connector or a ground wire or something. You can have that checked out conveniently by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your VW and tell you for sure what can be done for it.

3. I got code p0229