Q: I have a Cadillac . I was driving and noticed white smoke on the right front end of the passenger side.

asked by on February 15, 2018

I have a Cadillac Escalade extended version. I was driving and noticed white smoke coming from the right front passenger side. I got out and notice it was leaking just behind the tire just before the middle up under the car. I got back into drive it a little further and it stopped on me. The system let me know if the engine was hot. I let it cool down all the way it did start up but I called a tow truck to tow myself home. It was dark when the tow truck came and he said it smelled like it was antifreeze. It was a pretty good amount of fluid on the ground. before I talk to a mechanic I want to get an idea what could be wrong

It sounds like you have a coolant leak, which may explain the white smoke from the coolant burning on hot engine components. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to determine where the leak may be coming from as this may be a result of the coolant leaking from a number of places such as the radiator, the water pump or even the thermostat housing.