My son's honda civic A/C comes on some of the time and do...

Q: My son's honda civic A/C comes on some of the time and does not at other times. It that a wiring issue?

asked by on July 11, 2017

My son's car AC comes on some of the time and at other times, it does not. It this a wiring issue?

Hello, thank you for writing in. We need to determine what is coming on and what is not. If the air blows but it is warm, you may have low refrigerant. If no air blows at all, and the climate control system is completely unresponsive, then you may have a switch or wiring issue. If the switch is sending power to the compressor clutch, and the compressor is unresponsive, then you likely need a new compressor. Further testing must be done. If you would like help from one of our technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.