Q: brake are making a metal loud noise when I brake.

My brake are making a metal loud noise when I brake. The mechanic that check the truck, says that the car need change caliper-pads-rotors in the front and rear. He is asking for 800 plus tax for front and back this means 1,600 plus taxes. Is this right? or is this too much money. The brake start to do the noise suddenly, or at least I did not notice.

Hello. The price to replace all 4 rotors, calipers, and brake pads is very close to the price quoted when I used the estimating guide that I use for repairs. The calipers are listed at $246 each, rotors are about $120 each, and the pads are around $75 each axle. Add all this up and you are very close to (if not more) than $800 per axle. Make sure the pads are quality premium pads. The labor to do all the work calls for 3.0 hours. If you would rather not the take the car into that shop, or if you would like a quote from YourMechanic to compare, enter the estimator page on our website and enter your vehicle information. Select brake pads, rotor, and caliper replacements to get an estimate for this repair.