Q: I suspect my egr system is clogged up possibly causing the knock senor code

I was wondering where exactly is the egr valve on the 2010 Chevy cobalt? because I want to clean that out first, I believe its clogged up. When testing the sensor system do I remove the knock sensor from the block to test the system to see if it indeed has a knock? any advice would help me out tremendously

A: Hey there, the EGR valve usually is located...

Hey there, the EGR valve usually is located on the exhaust manifold. The EGR valve can become clogged over time leading to many different issues. In some cases, cleaning the EGR can fix the fault, but not always. When a knock sensor is tested by a technician, they do not generally remove them. If you want to have this inspected, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this fault and perform any repairs required.