I have a 2006 Suzuki Forenza and recently just got the en...

Q: I have a 2006 Suzuki Forenza and recently just got the engine replaced. after driving it for a while yesterday the malfunction ind

asked by on October 03, 2017

I recently just got my engine replaced and yesterday after driving the car around the malfunction indicator light came on. i want to know if it is still safe to drive? it seemed to be running and driving fine yesterday.

Without knowing what caused the check engine light to come on or the codes stored it would not be able to be determined if engine damage can occur if you continue to drive it. I would recommend having the codes in computer checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to diagnose why the light came on. Just because it seems to be driving okay does not mean you may have a problem with a sensor or another issue that may or may not damage the engine.