Q: My radio has power but is not turning on

I got a new radio and when I went to plug it in it made a sound like the cooling fan was turning on and immediately cut off but the power light remained on. The radio is a flip up single din power acoustic PTID-8940NR. My old radio didnt quite have as many bells and whistles but im assuming that has nothing to do with it.

A: Hello there. A few different faults can cau...

Hello there. A few different faults can cause the radio to cut off like this when it is powered up. The most common would be a voltage spike from when it was plugged in. Other potential issues include a shorted wire or a faulty radio. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect the electrical system and perform any repairs required.