Q: Cost for parts replacement and oil change.

I have a tire pressure light on the dash and I think the sensor needs replacing since my tire pressure is fine. The glass in the rear driver's side window going off track. The motor and regulator are still working. I also need an oil change. How much will it cost for all this?

A: For this type of work the cost will vary tr...

For this type of work the cost will vary tremendously depending on where you have it fixed. Parts prices and hourly rates will vary depending on the shop. The one thing that does not change is the time it takes to do this. It can help you to be informed about the work simply by knowing the book times that are set for these repairs. The tire sensor calls for an hour to replace, plus about 30 minutes for programming. The window calls for 1.2 hours to remove the door panel and inspect for the problem which is probably the regulator. The oil change calls for 45 minutes, though most places have a set price for oil changes.