Q: Is it expensive to maintain a jaguar x type?

I was thinking about buying one as my first car, I'm an 18 year old. They look nice and for the longest time I have admired them, but now that I started working, in a few month I waa thinking of buying an x type from around 2004-2005. I don't know much about cars but please let me know if it's a good idea, thank you!

Hi Daniel. The Jaguar X-Type is among one of the higher cost vehicles to maintain. Plus, as they gain mileage, the maintenance costs tend to rise dramatically - due to the complexity of the repairs and the fact it’s often major components. For a first vehicle, you would be better served to look for a more moderate vehicle, like a Honda, Nissan, Toyota or Lexus.

3. Is it expensive to maintain a jaguar x type?