Q: Continuous camshaft adjustment (LEFT): Incorrect position of the exhaust camshaft (P0025)"

what are the possible causes of this engine code i have changed the camshaft postion sensor still the check engine light is on and from the same code any ideas!!!!

The P0025 code is telling you that the exhaust camshaft timing is running late. This is not necessarily a sensor issue, but more likely a mechanical one. The variable camshaft timing is controlled by a hydraulic device that is part of the camshaft drive sprocket. It uses engine oil pressure to control the advance or retard of the camshaft and is controlled by the VCT Solenoid. If you are lucky, the VCT solenoid is not working, that isn’t very bad to replace. Another strong possibility is that the VCT device is gummed up and sticking. It has some very tight clearances and small orifices in it, so if the engine oil is not kept perfectly clean, or of the correct viscosity it gums up easily. Sometimes you can correct this with an oil change, otherwise about the only thing to be done is to take it apart and clean it out. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your VCT system and tell you what it’s going to take to fix it.

• Continuous camshaft adjustment (LEFT): Incorrect position of the exhaust camshaft (P0025)"