Q: Have a Chrysler 200 2014 with a 2.4l engine, have the etc light and engine light on, there is a clicking coming from throttle body

2014 Chrysler 200 dual vvt 2.4L Engine Am out of town visiting family in Maryland, on the interstate, right after a traffic cluster cleared up my etc light came on, tried to give it gas and couldn't get over 15mph, pulled over, was towed to safe area, now when started the car idles immediately to 2k rpm and roughly. Before starting, when key hits on position, there is hard clicking sound from the throttle body, I'm low on funds and can't afford to take to shop and get hit over the head, I tried to get a code read on it but the reader came up with nothing. Being the throttle control light is on, and the hard clicking from the throttle body,should I buy new throttle body and replace it?

Hi There, The red lightning bolt indicates that there is a problem wit the electronic throttle control unit. This may be for a specific reason or may be due to a slight glitch. Try resetting the throttle control unit by doing the following:

Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" position but do not start the engine Wait for all the warning lights to go out. The check engine light may remain on. Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it is all the way back up at the rest position. Turn the ignition key to "OFF" position. Start the engine and test the throttle by see if the engine will throttle up.

This is often a procedure that must be repeated in the event the battery is ever disconnected. You will also want to have the computer scanned to check for any fault codes that may have been logged as a result of the lightning bolt showing up in the dash. If this does not correct your problem, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Have a Chrysler 200 2014 with a 2.4l engine, have the etc light and engine light on, there is a clicking coming from throttle body