Q: I change the thermostat and water pump and it still overheating on a Chevy Suburban 2006

asked by on August 17, 2017

I changed the thermostat and the water pump and it still overheating what could be the problem it's a 2006 Chevy Suburban

Hi Alfonso. Usually when these repairs are completed and you still have an overheating problem, it will be due to one of three things. First, it could be due to an air bubble trapped in the cooling lines. This tends to happen if the coolant was not properly bled as recommended by the manufacturer. The second possible source could be an obstruction of debris in the heater core or other cooling lines. Third, it’s possible the coolant temperature sensor is damaged or not working, which activates the radiator fan and opens the thermostat at the right time.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr