Q: Cooling fan runs constantly - 2003 Saturn L200

Ok so I went out to try to get the cooling fan module out of my car to get the part number. The fan was running constantly so I wanted to get the part number for a replacement part. However, I had a hard time getting the part out and after jiggling it the fan is now off. My question...since it's winter do I have to worry about my car overheating with no fan and could jiggling it fixed the problem???

Hi there - I think you are on the right track looking at the cooling fan control module as the failure point. I would not expect that you fixed anything by jiggling it. Most likely, a relay is stuck shut (burned contacts), which is causing the fan to continue to run after shutting off the engine. Jiggling it may have created enough vibration to "unstick" the contacts. I would recommend an electrical component inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.