Q: Car didn't start so I got a jump. When it started hearing squealing sound. 2007 Honda Accord

I noticed this start before but dismissed it. Did notice it was a little louder the day before the car did not start. Also noticed what seems to be like dragging sound, not loud but suttle. 2007 Honda Accord.

Hello - your symptoms suggest that the alternator is not functioning properly due to a worn or stretched serpentine (aka accessory) belt. This problem could also be caused by a failed serpentine belt tensioner, or failed bearings in the alternator itself, not allowing the alternator to spin, and generate electricity. I recommend an alternator not charging performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Car didn't start so I got a jump. When it started hearing squealing sound. 2007 Honda Accord