Q: It knocks once after i start it up only one time and when i'm drivin a charm is played kind of like an alarm what should i do?

it knocks only when i turn it on, one time and the knock is sometimes soft or hard and other times it doesn't even do it at all weird

A: Hello there, a knocking sound can cause pro...

Hello there, a knocking sound can cause problems if left unresolved in your 2008 BMW 535xi. A knocking noise can be caused by a few different faults such as an engine mount, engine knock, failing alternator, or AC compressor. If you have an engine knock this needs addressed immediately. If you need assistance, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your knocking noise and determine what the cause is.