Q: It knocks once after i start it up only one time and when i'm drivin a charm is played kind of like an alarm what should i do?

asked by on October 13, 2016

it knocks only when i turn it on, one time and the knock is sometimes soft or hard and other times it doesn't even do it at all weird

Engine Mount Replacement $112.84 - $1607.30 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1391.75 Get a Quote
AC Compressor Replacement $672.08 - $2753.22 Get a Quote
Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, a knocking sound can cause problems if left unresolved in your 2008 BMW 535xi. A knocking noise can be caused by a few different faults such as an engine mount, engine knock, failing alternator, or AC compressor. If you have an engine knock this needs addressed immediately. If you need assistance, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your knocking noise and determine what the cause is.