Q: 03 Ford expedition 4x4 grinding noise while applying brake and driving low speeds without touching brake. New brakes

New brakes and j or s clip in front driver differential grinding noise while driving down road under 40 mph and especially when braking. Mechanics say wheel bearings are fine and can't find a problem

Hi Gavin. Thanks for submitting your question today. In most cases, grinding while applying brakes is caused by worn brake pads (which you indicate were recently replaced), debris trapped between the pads and caliper, or using lower quality pads than OEM. Worn wheel bearings will also make this type of sound. Unfortunately, without completing an onsite inspection personally, it’s hard for us to give you a repair solution.

3. 03 Ford expedition 4x4 grinding noise while applying brake and driving low speeds without touching brake. New brakes