Q: Overheating after replacing water pump, thermostat and coolant temp. Sensor

I was driving my truck one day and noticed that the temp gauge was raising as I got home, I turned the engine off and check the engine and noticed that the water pump was leaking, it had a hole on it, how? Idk, I replaced it the same day and it worked fine for about 1 days, I was driving for about 20 mins and then noticed that the temp. Was raising out of nowhere, so I parked and turned it off, let it cool of 10 mins and turned it back on but it was still hot but the coolant was cooling the engine to normal temp. Then it was fine, it keeps doing that randomly so I replaced the thermostat and the coolant temp. Sensor and it still over heats so then I think I got a bad stat of I take it off and put nothing so coolant can flow all the time and it over heats faster now that it doesn't have a stat on, I try to bleed the air out as much but it doesn't have a bleeder, or does it? And I also noticed that the radiator is cold to the touch but the bottom and upper hoses are really hot, help plz

Hello. That hole in the water pump is there to let you know when the bearing in the water pump is failing. It starts leaking when the bearing is going out so that it will be replaced prior to a complete failure. As for the vehicle still overheating, if all of the parts you have replaced are working fine, then you may have an air flow issue through the radiator. If this was the case, the vehicle would still cool at higher speeds and just not around town. If it gets hot at all times, then it may have a clogged radiator, or more commonly a leaking head gasket. I would perform a block test prior to changing anything else. If that fails the test, then the engine will need to be disassembled and repaired. If it passes, then it may need a radiator. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s overheating issue and make the correct repairs to resolve your issue.

• Overheating after replacing water pump, thermostat and coolant temp. Sensor