The entire interior power is not working on my car, the d...

Q: The entire interior power is not working on my car, the dash, the center console and the power windows/locks don't work?

asked by on May 30, 2017

The power windows and locks, the dash and everything in the center console don't work when I turn the car on, but the car runs and the headlights work. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, but it seems like it's shorted out maybe.

It sounds like you may have an electrical short somewhere causing the interior power to fail. This may be caused by a blown fuse, a failed relay, a wiring problem or in some cases a alternator hat is beginning to fail. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle.