Q: How do I disable /remove onstar system from my truck

I want to disable, and/or remove the onstar system from my truck. I have found the onstar system in the dash /radio in which I have already cut the cord/cable to the onstar antenna, however the onstar and trucks radio seem to be integrated together. I also was able to find a wiring plug that has color coded wires that all plug into the black box ( I believe, the integrated radio & onstar) I want to know which color coded wire to cut from the wiring plug that will permanently disconnect all communications from onstar and the onstar box, and have a red light appear in rear view mirror.

Hi there:

You should contact your GMC dealership to ask about this, as their ONSTAR program and accessories are often tied into the ECU and could impact the overall operation of some security features on your Yukon. Cutting wires without having the detailed information or instructions from GMC is not advised.

Hi. The onstar systems is not meant to be disabled. The onstar system is part of the trucks safety and navigation system allowing emergency services to come you when there is an accenident. Disabling the onstar system may also cause the radio not to work properly and the navigation system not to work properly. The only way to find the proper color wire is to have a wiring diagram of the onstar system and the only one that will have such diagram is the dealership because the truck so new. I suggest you don’t cut anything and talk to the GMC dealership about disabling the onstar system the proper way if can be disabled.

3. How do I disable /remove onstar system from my truck