Q: What other issues could I check, if I changed my coolant temperature sensor and my vehicle is still jumping or missing?

I recently got my coolant temp sensor changed because my vehicle was idling really high. Now that I've solved that issue, my vehicle is sounding like it's seeking air right by the mass air flow sensor (MAF) but near the engine block. The sign effects, are my vehicle putters. And you can hear the air. leak. Any solution will greatly be appreciated.

You need to fix that air leak. The best thing to do is buy a new intake boot. If you’re short on funds, you can use duct tape or some other strong tape to cover the hole in lieu of a proper fix.

The MAF sensor measures the amount of air entering the motor and is the primary sensor the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses to make calculations. If you have an air leak between the MAF sensor and the motor, unmetered air will be entering the motor that the PCM will continually attempt to adapt for. The result is the symptoms you are experiencing.

Do what you need to do in order to stop the air leak, and if the problem persists, have a qualified technician inspect the hesitation issue.

Good luck!

• What other issues could I check, if I changed my coolant temperature sensor and my vehicle is still jumping or missing?