Q: Car not overheating but I have coolant boiling in the reservoir tank. I have to add about a quart of coolant to the radiator ever

asked by on October 01, 2017

Car not overheating but I have coolant boiling in the reservoir tank. I have to add about a quart of coolant to the radiator every week. I've replaced the waterpump, hoses, radiator cap. Did a coolant flush and refilled with Toyota coolant. There is no visible leaks. I'm not seeing any white or blue smoke come out of the tail pipe. No coolant in the oil and none on the oil dipstick. What can be the problem?

If you are getting low on coolant and have bubbles going into the overflow bottle then you most likely have a blown head gasket. It does not always put out smoke from tailpipe. You will need to have system pressure tested and checked for compression to verify the leaking head gaskets.