Q: Check Engine

Check engine light came on 2 weeks ago and when I reverse is makes a put out noise from the muffler and the car starts shaking

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be suffering from several different issues. With the broad symptoms of shaking and poor performance, the issues may range from fuel, to spark, to something electrical. With that being said, with the check engine light on, diagnosis will likely be easier. The check engine light illuminates when the computer runs tests and a system fails that test. The computer will then save a diagnostic troubleshooting code and you can "pull" that code using a scan tool. The scanning can be done by a technician or at your local automotive parts stores. You can then use that information to start testing and further diagnosis. At this point trying to find the issue without scanning the vehicle will end up costly and time consuming. For help scanning the vehicle and resolving the issue, contact our service department.