Q: Would coolant leak out of timing cover?

asked by on March 19, 2018

I'm leaking a very tiny amount of coolant but its getting on my belt causing my belt to be loud when driving, coolant is dripping onto my oil filter drain slide too. Its not a lot and engine temp is running perfectly. I replaced water pump a month ago. I know I have a minor timing cover leak, my question is, could coolant be leaking out of my timing cover?

Coolant should not be leaking out of timing cover. You most likely have a water pump or hose leaking. The cooling system should be pressure tested to isolate and locate the leak.