Q: I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. When i turn to the right my driver side front makes a grinding and popping noise.

asked by on September 14, 2017

I have a 2008 GMC sierra 1500 4x4. When i turn to the right my driver side front makes a grinding and popping noise. Would that be my wheel bearing on my driver side front going bad?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kyle. Thanks for contacting us today. Generally speaking, this type of noise is an indication of a wheel bearing that has lost lubricity and the noise you are hearing is metal to metal contact. It’s also quite possible that a steering suspension bushing has also worn out, common with stabilizer bar bushings or tie rod ends as well. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to isolate the source of the noise and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr