Q: I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. When i turn to the right my driver side front makes a grinding and popping noise.

asked by on September 14, 2017

I have a 2008 GMC sierra 1500 4x4. When i turn to the right my driver side front makes a grinding and popping noise. Would that be my wheel bearing on my driver side front going bad?

Hi Kyle. Thanks for contacting us today. Generally speaking, this type of noise is an indication of a wheel bearing that has lost lubricity and the noise you are hearing is metal to metal contact. It’s also quite possible that a steering suspension bushing has also worn out, common with stabilizer bar bushings or tie rod ends as well. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to isolate the source of the noise and recommend the right repairs.