Q: My car jerks when I'm going 50-60mph and sometimes dies right after I start it up, when I'm in park or reverse.

Sometimes when I am cruising at 50mph or 60mph my car will do a quick jerking motion. Sometimes it is just one or sometimes it's repetitive. Also when the I start the car and leave it in park or reverse (with my foot on the brake) I will listen and hear the car engine slowly die. The power steering, power braking, and acceleration all fail as a result. This will also happen when I am slowing to make a turn or stopped at a red light. I definitely think this is an electrical problem. I think it could be a problem with the alternator or idle.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi there: On late 1990's Nissan's ...

Hi there:

On late 1990's Nissan's and Infinity models, there are sometimes issues with electrical relays that transmit electrical signals from the power source to individual components. I'm not sure if this is exactly what is going on with your Infinity, but your descriptions seem very worrisome to me. Before this problem gets worse, you should contact one of our local mechanics to complete an electrical inspection on your vehicle or a car is stalling inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your problems so that you don't have to replace parts that are not damaged or the root source of your stalling issues.