Q: vehicle violently shakes when you first start driving then smooths out after 5-10 miles down the road.

Hello,

I have a 1985 chevy G30 van with a mallard rv body, runs great and drives straight. I have brand new tires and breaks and have visually checked barrings every looks good, even greased all the fittings and anything else i could. when i have had the vehicle parked and shut off for more than 5-10 mins once i start driving again it will shake violently and become worst the faster i go. until about 5-10 miles down the road then she will smooth out and ride beautifully the entire time until i park again. so not sure where to start on this one was thinking maybe it could be a carrier barring or something to that extent but not sure because like i said everything looks to be in good shape. please help!!!

Sincerely Jordan

Hi there. It seems that the wheel bearings are most likely to be your issue. Even though the wheel bearing seems to be in good shape, it could be dry of grease. Suspension parts and the carrier bearing will not shake and then die off; they will continue to shake. If you need further assistance with your vehicle shaking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.