Q: A Volkswagen Golf Mk4 starts but doesn't rev at all

I've got a Volkswagen Golf Mk4. The car starts first time and doesn't rev at all. Any ideas why this could be happening?

A: Many things can cause that. Either the fuel...

Many things can cause that. Either the fuel filter is clogged or the fuel pump isn't pumping fuel and it won't rev. Of those things, often the MAF sensors go bad and gets covered with dirt or goes out and then it doesn't give the correct data to the computer. This results in the computer not spraying enough gas in the engine when it tries to rev it up. These are some of the things that you really want to check out first.

If you need further assistance, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your acceleration issue.