Q: How does the front passenger occupant classification system work in a 2012 Toyota Camry?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How does the front passenger occupant classification system work?

The front passenger occupant classification system is designed to keep the driver and front passenger safe. Several features work together to accomplish this goal and to give you peace of mind.

1. A seat belt reminder light will come on if it senses someone in the seat and the seat belt isn’t fastened.

2. Air Bag Off and Air Bag On indicator lights let you know if the system is on for the front passenger. This is determined by sensors that recognize if someone is sitting in that seat.

3. The SRS warning light can be activated if the system senses a child in the front seat.

Tip

Never allow a child to sit in the front seat who is not allowed by state law to be in this position.