Is $2300 too much to pay to replace 2 cat converters for ...

Q: Is $2300 too much to pay to replace 2 cat converters for a 2007 Pathfinder?

asked by on June 07, 2017

I got a quote from a nearby Nissan dealer of $2300 to replace both of my catalytic converters. I think he mentioned that they have to replace cores also. I don't remember the engine code but he said both Bank-1 and Bank-2 need to be replaced. I didn't know I had 2 cats. He told me that I could probably replace them myself, but I would be looking at about $700 for each converter. Does $2300 sound correct?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your particular make and model does utilize a catalytic converter on both sides of the engine. Catalytic converters are going to vary in price depending on the brand of replacement parts that you are getting. The price may go up if the shop only has access to certain parts, and dealership specific parts in particular can get expensive. Hence why there is such a market for other OEM parts. You may want to do some shopping online on your own and see what other replacement catalytic converts are going for. While the price is fair, it is higher than other exhaust and muffler shops might charge. Contact our service department for a quote from our technicians.