Q: in my 2006 Chrysler 300 my rpm increases speed when out of no where

asked by on August 15, 2017

When i am driving my car the rpm increases out of no where for a bit and then goes back to to the speed i was driving at. What is the problem?

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Stormykally. Typically a rapid RPM acceleration like this is caused by either a vacuum leak or an idle control valve failure. You might want to review the possible sources that cause this type of problem by clicking this link to the engine idle speed inspection page. Let us know if we can help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr