Q: Rear rotors on a sienna 2013 too thin

dealer says I need to change rear brake pads, but will turn the rotors, my question is if dealer will turn the rotors at 32000 miles that means the rotors are still usable, to the feel the rotors show little ridge lines and one groove, my question do I need to change the rear rotors at this point? this is the first break job on the sienna 2013. Car is Toyota sienna 2013 with 31500 miles

Any time a brake rotor is resurfaced to get rid of surface grooves or warpage the cutting off of a layer of the metal is removed until a flat smooth surface is achieved. After the surface is resurfaced the rotor thickness will need to be checked to see if the rotor resurfacing caused the rotor thickness to go below the minimum thickness the rotor can go without causing rotor failures. If the rotor is too thin then it will need to be replaced with a new rotor. The problem is you may have to pay the labor for the resurfacing of the warped rotor even if it cannot be used. I recommend replacing the rotor if it is warped or grooved to save money. Sometimes it is cheaper to replace them than it is to try and resurface them. If the dealer says they will not charge you if they cannot be resurfaced then let them try and resurface them.

3. Rear rotors on a sienna 2013 too thin