Q: I turn the key and don't hear a sound, no click , lights/radio comes on though. New alternator, new battery. 2005 Pontiac vibe.

My car worked fine just last night, I went to crank it up this morning for work and nothing. When I turn the key I don't hear a sound, not even a clicking sound. The lights/radio comes on though. I got a new alternator, new battery a few months ago. I'm not sure what else to do or what the problem is, please help.

You may have a theft system malfunction. You may also have a shift cable problem also. Try to put car in neutral to see if it cranks? Move shifter back and forth to see if it moves through the gears while trying to crank it? If it cranks when moved then it is a bad shift cable. Otherwise you will need further system diagnosis by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.

3. I turn the key and don't hear a sound, no click , lights/radio comes on though. New alternator, new battery. 2005 Pontiac vibe.