2012 explorer liftgate ajar on when it is closed v6-3.5l ...

Q: 2012 explorer liftgate ajar on when it is closed

asked by on July 14, 2017

liftgate ajar lite is on and rear wiper doesnt work

The rear door has two different door or window ajar switches is you have separate window that opens. The wiper will not operate when the door shows open for safety. Open and make sure window is closed secure and then close door and then recheck system to see if it still shows rear hatch open. If it does then have someone watch light and you press on rear window near latch and on both sides of the door near latches and see if light goes out when pressed in one area and this will tell you what latch is the problem and need to be replaced. Also check strikers for damage and replace as needed first.