Q: Front wheel jumps and pops loud when give it gas

The front wheel jumps and catches when given gas. I just replaced the brakes and half shaft.

If the problem did not start happening until you had the axle replaced, then you may have gotten a defective axle. Most replacement axles are new or remanufactured and either one can have a defective joint. I would have the front systems checked to see if the axle is indeed the cause of the pop or if another problem exists. If you’d like to have this done, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to inspect the popping sound coming from your wheels.