Q: Automatic transmission isn't shifting.

The automatic stick shift isn't shifting. I was told by a mechanic, within the last year, that the transmission was okay. I'm thinking it could have something to do with the automatic clutch.

A: It is possible that the air actuated clutch...

It is possible that the air actuated clutch is at fault but in the service manual there is a note the even though there is no adjustment to the shift linkage, excessive play due to worn parts or a loosely connected shift linkage to the inner shift lever at the rear of the transaxle can cause hard to no shifting issues. A linkage joints should be lubricated as well. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YouMechanic, to inspect the shift linkage and inspect the actuation of the automatic clutch.