Q: I feel a shimmy on the brake pedal a bit when I brake at high speeds. Does this mean the brakes should be changed?

There's a shimmy when I brake at high speeds. Will the brakes need to be replaced soon? If so, only the brake shoes or the drums and rotors as well?

Usually when the steering wheel shakes during braking, it is caused by a warped rotor or drum. It could also be that there is fluid leaking onto the brakes and it causes them to grab intermittently. A brake inspection will tell you if it is a leak. There are other possible causes for a brake vibration, but an inspection will be the best bet. If you would like, this inspection can be performed by a certified technician from YourMechanic, who can come to your home or place of business at the convenience of your schedule.

3. I feel a shimmy on the brake pedal a bit when I brake at high speeds. Does this mean the brakes should be changed?