Q: Q: White smoke

My car is blowing white smoke from my muffler i changed the front gasket cover it doesn't runs hot it actually cranks and sounds very quiet it does jerks and hesitate to pick up speed when it do it jerks a little I was also told it could be the o2 sensor

White smoke coming from the exhaust often times indicates a potentially failed cylinder head gasket. Since this impacts the compression in each cylinder, any loss of compression will result in the jerking or hesitation in acceleration you are describing. A blown head gasket may cause a number of different symptoms. Coolant in the engine oil, an engine misfire or oil leaking from the engine could all be symptoms. Each of these symptoms could also have other causes and an actual blown head gasket may show none of the above symptoms. Symptoms will often vary considerably, depending on how the gasket fails. Head gaskets may fail in several different ways. With each failure type different symptoms may result. The symptoms each person sees depend on how and where the head gasket fails. Head gaskets may fail in several different ways. For example, a restricted radiator may cause an engine to overheat, very much the same as a head gasket failure. Often times, intake gaskets will fail causing coolant to leak into the oil.

A warped or cracked cylinder head will also produce the exact symptom of a blown head gasket. An external inspection is the only way to determine if the problem is head gasket related. This may mean a blown gasket, warped or cracked cylinder head or other problems in the area. For instance corrosion on the head gasket surface will cause leakage, though technically not a blown gasket. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose the symptoms you describe.

3. Q: White smoke