Q: No power at all

Noticed truck was having a weak start. Few days later it wouldn't turn over so I tightened positive battery connection (was slightly loose). Problem continued so I bought new battery. Truck cranked and got me to work. Got off and had to use jump box to start truck. Now I have no power at all. Doesn't even click when trying to start. No lights, automatic locks, nothing. I've cleaned the connections. Guy at Napa told me to try replacing the fuse. Changed one of the amg 175 fuses on the passenger side battery and still nothing. Checked the ground connections, fine. The battery cables do have a separation where wire is exposed but best of my knowledge it's always been like that. Could it be the solenoid, starter, or what? Thanks

A: Check the voltage at the battery terminals ...

Check the voltage at the battery terminals for 12 volts at rest. While cranking the voltage shouldn't drop very much, about 10 volts. Jump the vehicle and observe the voltage while it's running. If the voltage isn't above 13.5 volts, the alternator or alternator circuit may be at fault. I'd suggest getting this checked by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the issue with your battery and narrow down the variables. From there an accurate repair can be carried through. Good luck.