Q: Is it normal for a car to jerk a bit back when you make a stop

asked by on September 02, 2017

Is it normal for a car to move a bit back when you make a stop?? Whenever I make a stop my car will move a bit back. It concerns me

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $496.65 Get a Quote

It sounds like your vehicle may be a bit low on transmission fluid or you may potentially have a bad transmission control solenoid. As you know, the transmission works on hydraulic pressure built up from the fluid inside and uses this pressure to activate solenoids that cause the transmission to shift. When these are not working properly or when you have low transmission fluid, this does not happen which usually results in erratic shifting patterns, a jerking reaction or in some cases no shifting at all. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr