Q: Our car is overheating but WHYYYY

WE HAD THERMSTAT HOUSING REPLACED BUT ITS STILL OVERHEATING RESERVIOR IS FULL RADIATOR IS FULL but it’s iverheating in idle the needle goes all the way to red check gage comes on smokes and then goes down when driving. Bringing it back to mechanic tomorrow what do we expect what could the problem be there are a few leaks on the floor but nothing crazy but the whole engine bay is soak n wet plz help

You will need to have the cooling system pressure tested to see if the radiator or somewhere on engine is leaking. You may have an intake thermostat housing leak or water pump leaking. You should not drive it if temperature gets in the red or you will damage engine.