Q: What cause my car brakes to grab at low speed. 5 mph

.it's almost like something "sticks" to the rotor at the very end when your speed is down and your are 10-15ft away from a complete stop. You depress the brake pedal real slow and try to do the smoothest stop, and right before you do it's like someone/something just "grabs the rotor(s) tight and you feel the pedal get sucked away from your foot for that split second...when i accelerate there is a delay in release

Hi there:

In many instances, the issue you’re describing with the brakes on your 2000 Lexus L6 is related to wheel rotors that might be warped. The brake rotors are a component that makes up the modern disc brake system that allow your vehicle to stop once the vehicle is in motion. If the rotors are warped, your vehicle may not be able to stop properly in an emergency situation, but it can also cause the brake pads to drag without the brakes being activated by the pedal.

Sometimes this condition is caused by excessive brake fluid in the master cylinder; but in most circumstances, it’s related to the alignment or straightness of the rotors. Your best option is to contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics to have them inspect your brake system for damage and repair any issues quickly; as fully functional brakes are vital for safe operation of any vehicle.