Q: Q: My car won't start.

At first it wouldn't start or make a sound but all the lights still came on. It has been sitting for a couple of weeks now and the lights no longer come on. I chuck that up to it just sitting though. The main problem is that it won't start. I'm thinking starter but I'm not 100%

This may be related to a weak battery or a faulty starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems as you describe. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your starter relay.

3. Q: My car won't start.