Q: Is this a transmission problem and if so does this mean the entire transmission needs to be replaced?

Just so you know all the details I'll start from the beginning.. I got into a front end collision with the truck. It got towed to a body shop on a flat bed. Once taken off the flat bed a employee of the body shop decided to start the truck to see if it was drivable. A bunch of transmission fluid squirted out which I know now was because the dip stick tube broke. He then tried to move the truck to the rear of the building he had to practically floor it for it to move about 3mph and he went about 20 feet to park it. After that I guess all repairs were done but nothing done on transmission because they thought nothing was wrong. They fixed dip tube and rebuilt the front end. When I got the truck back the fuel gauge was stuck on full so I had to get a new fuel pump installed due to the fuel level arm breaking off. The fuel filter was not changed I don't think. So now when I'm driving and going let's say 40mph with foot off the gas when I press gas again it bucks then goes wuts wrong?

You should certainly let the insurance company know that your car has not been returned to its condition from before the accident.

As for why your car is bucking on acceleration, I can make a few guesses, but the only way to diagnose the hesitation issue for sure is to connect a scanner and drive it while observing the scan data. In particular, I would be watching the TPS and throttle body circuits. I might begin with a visual inspection inside the throttle body to see if there is any damage from the accident, or other debris caught in there.

I don’t believe that you have a transmission problem, based on your description. The main thing you should be stressing to your insurance company and repair shop is that the car still has problems that were not there before the accident. When it comes to car wrecks, the problems that follow are not your typical failures, since they were caused by a collision, as opposed to wear and tear.

Often these sorts of problems are the result of pinched wires or poor ground connections. Pinched wires occur during the impact, and poor ground connection typically occurs after body panels have been painted. It is difficult to make a good ground on a painted panel.

Good luck!

3. Is this a transmission problem and if so does this mean the entire transmission needs to be replaced?